Amusement Park Injury

Amusement Park Injury - KMH&L Attorneys At Law

Is there anything more fun than screaming down a waterslide on a hot summer day? Don’t let one day change your life. If you’ve sustained an Amusement Park Injury – call today.

Well, for one man in Texas recently, the answer would be “just about anything else.” The poor guy was going down a waterslide when he flipped over the side, landing in rocks, breaking his arm and a few ribs.
While that is obviously a rare occurrence, getting hurt at an amusement park, carnival, or boardwalk can happen to anyone at anytime.

And thanks to the New Jersey Carnival-Amusement Ride Safety Act (N.J.S.A. 5:3-57), you’re protected – with one important caveat.

You have to file a notice within 90 days or you lose your right to file a lawsuit,” said Michael D. Mumola, a partner at KMHL who specializes in personal injury matters.
According to the act, Mumola says you need to notify the operator of the injury, in writing, within that 90-day time period.

“And it’s not just getting hurt on a ride,” Mumola noted. “Any injury that occurs on the premises falls under the act.” Think uneven walkways or falling objects. And, of course, the rides themselves.
“Sometimes the operators press the wrong button, sometimes there’s a mechanical problem,” said Mumola. “And sometimes serious injuries can occur.”

Additionally, Mumola notes that “these cases are all contingent and a client doesn’t pay us anything to find out what their rights are or what we can do for them.”

If you or a loved one have been injured in an amusement park accident, please call Mike Mumola at 609-337-3277.