Brian W. Shea, Esq.
Brian W. Shea, Esq.
Brian W. Shea joined the firm in March 2015 in an of counsel position to grow the workers’ compensation department. Mr. Shea has spent most of his legal career handling workers’ compensation matters from all viewpoints. He has represented employers, municipalities, and numerous insurance carriers in the defense of workers’ compensation claims and protected the assets of a state trust fund that provides some workers’ compensation benefits to injured workers of employer’s who fail to have insurance. Mr. Shea finds the most rewarding experience in zealously advocating for his clients that have gotten hurt through no fault of their own and guiding them through the workers’ compensation process.
Please feel free to contact Brian with any questions you may have at (609) 586-9000 or BShea@kmhlawyers.com.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- Corporate and Incorporation Law
- New Jersey (2002)
- Pennsylvania (2002)
- District of Columbia (2003)
- United States Tax Court (2003)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2003)
- United States Supreme Court (2017)
- LL.M., Boston University School of Law, Master of Laws (2003)
- J.D., Widener University School of Law (2002)
- Moe Levine Trial Advocacy Honor Society
- B.S., James Madison University, BS Sociology (1999)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mercer County Bar Association, Member
- Trustee 2013 – present
- Workers’ Compensation Co-Chair (2013 – present)
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Justice James H. Coleman, Jr., NJ Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court, Member
- New Jersey Advisory Council on Safety & Health (COSH), Member
- New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Centennial Committee, Member
- Recognized by peers as a New Jersey “Rising Star”, Super Lawyers, 2009, 2013, 2016 & 2017
- Kalavruzos Mumola Hartman & Lento – Of Counsel
- Freeman Huber Sacks Brennan & Fingerman – Associate
- State of New Jersey, Department of Labor – Senior Counsel
- Law Offices of Frank M. Crivelli – Associate
- Kalavruzos Mumola Hartman & Crivelli – Associate