Brian J. Duff, Esq.
Brian J. Duff, Esq.
Brian J. Duff is a partner at KMH&L. He specializes in personal injury (car accidents, falls, injurious products, dog bites), civil litigation and workers compensation matters. He also handles commercial/business transactions and advice. He has also handled municipal court and criminal matters, wills and estate planning, and real estate matters (both commercial and residential). Brian takes seriously the lawyer’s role as a problem solver for his clients.
Mr. Duff joined Kalavruzos, Mumola, Hartman & Lento in October 2015 after nearly two decades in private practice with other local law firms. Brian started his career as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Neil H. Shuster, Presiding Judge of the Civil Part—Mercer County.
Brian is a very active member of his community. Brian has been a speaker/panelist for numerous continuing legal education seminars, as well public education presentations at area high schools. Born and raised in Hamilton, a graduate of Notre Dame High School and now a resident of Lawrenceville, Brian serves as Vice-President of the Board of Trustees for the Mount Carmel Guild of Trenton, a poverty relief organization. He volunteers as the Mock Trial Team Attorney Advisor for Notre Dame High School. He volunteers as a soccer, baseball and softball coach for his daughter’s and son’s teams. He is active in Knights of Columbus Council #7000—St. Ann Parish, Lawrenceville, NJ.
Please feel free to contact Brian with any questions you may have at (609) 586-9000 or BDuff@kmhlawyers.com.
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Real estate
- Estate Planning
- Traffic Offenses and DWI/DUI
- New Jersey (1996)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (1996)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (1997)
- United States Supreme Court (2017)
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, NJ (1996)
- B.A., Drew University, Madison, NJ (1993)
- Notre Dame High School, Lawrenceville, NJ (1989)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mercer County Bar Association, Member
- Vice President, Mercer County Bar Association, 2017
- Treasurer, Mercer County Bar Association, 2016
- Secretary, Mercer County Bar Association, 2015
- Trustee, Mercer County Bar Association, 2008-2013
- Co-Chair, Mercer County Bar Association, Budget Committee, 2016-present
- Co-Chair, Mercer County Bar Association, CLE Committee, 2010-present
- Co-Chair, Mercer County Bar Association, Events Committee, 2007
- Co-Chair, Mercer County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Committee, 2003-2005
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member, 2013 – Present
- Expedited Personal Injury Jury Trials
- Use of Experts in Personal Injury Cases
- Recoverable Damages and Liens in Personal Injury Actions
- PIP Practice Pointers in Light of Revisions to NJ’s PIP Law
- Social Host Liability and Serving Underage Persons
- Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
- New Jersey Supreme Court’s District VII Attorney Ethics Committee, second four-year term
- Mount Carmel Guild of Trenton, poverty-relief organization, Vice-President Board of Trustees
- Mock Trial Team, Notre Dame High School, Attorney Advisor
- Knights of Columbus Council #7000—St. Ann Parish
- Coach, Lawrence Hamnett Soccer Association, 2007-present
- Coach, Lawrence Little League—Baseball and Softball, 2010-present
- Mercer County Bar Association, Young Lawyer of the Year, 2005
- Recognized by peers as a New Jersey “Rising Star”, Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
- Kalavruzos Mumola Hartman & Lento – Partner
- Private Practice Law firms
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Neil H. Shuster, Presiding Judge of the Civil Part, Mercer County